This incredible set includes 75 brushes total! The most extensive brush set I’ve ever created.
Creating this set has been a fun challenge. Sure, there are plenty of chalk brush sets out on the market, but I wanted to create one that covered all bases. A complete resource that provided extensive tools for both Photoshop and Illustrator. Each brush had to look and feel like real chalk, and each brush had to be useful. It was a pretty tall order, and I feel confident that I met the goals and demands I put upon this product.
As with all of my items, this one is made by hand using real life materials. I started out with chalk on my hands in order to figure out exactly how a real chalk stroke looks and acts. This product is extensive, so I included a quick reference guide and some installation instructions to simply everything.
Here’s what’s included
- 20 Brush Tool Presets for Photoshop. These brushes give you realistic chalk strokes in Photoshop, giving you the ability to create chalk art with the freedom of pressure sensitivity and stroke build up.
- 55 Vector Illustrator Brushes. I included 55 brushes for Illustrator to cover the wide array of strokes you can achieve with a single piece of chalk. Fine lines, medium strokes, shaders and scribbles… they’re all there waiting for you to create some incredible vector chalk art.
- 6 Bonus Chalkboard Textures. These textures were created from photographs of vintage slate chalkboards. These textures make perfect backgrounds for your chalk art.
- Quick Reference Guides. This set is big, so I included some quick reference guides for you to use at-a-glance when choosing which brush to work with.
- Installation Instructions. For those users who might be new to working with PS Tool Presets or Illustrator Brushes.
Note: The default color of these brushes in Photoshop is white (like chalk) so make sure your document background is set to a nice slate gray or black. You can also use the included chalkboard textures as your background!
I’m extremely proud of this set of chalk brushes. I hope you love them as much as I do. I’d love to see what you create with them! Use #graphicmonkee or @graphicmonkee to share!